Sunday, November 15, 2009

Me vs I

There were these two persons

One was in love with the other

(Hey what are you trying to write?)

And so he adored her…

(Ah trying to make a new Romeo and Juliet I see)

She was as beautiful as the morning sun

(This is sooooo corny, and I mean street novel corny, high school kid corny)
So what if this is corny?

(I’m trying to do you a favor! Stopping you from embarrassing yourself)

Did I ask for your help?

(No, but I can see you need help)

What made you think I need YOUR help?

(First of all it was your stupid looking face)

What the…

(And there was that smile, the “I have a great idea for a poem” smile)

It was a good idea! No it was a great idea!!

(Err no it’s not, it’s idiotic)

What do you know?

(I know corny when I see one…)

Maybe it’s you that has no taste at all, no passion for life

(You mean taste for corny things? No I don’t have any taste in that)

You think you’re better than me don’t you?

(You ARE stupid. I am you!)

Ha?

(I’m your conscience)

What? Isn’t conscience supposed to be supportive??

(Well I’m stopping you from writing that stupid passage…)

No you’re not, I want to do this! This pleases me!!!

(No it won’t)

Yes it will!!!! I know myself, and beside what do you care???

(When you publish that passage, and you realize just how stupid that thing really is, you’ll get this emotional break down, and I, I repeat, I am the one who will suffer the most, trying to cheer you up)

That’s your job!!!

(This is also my job, protecting ourselves from being depressed, and because I’m to lazy to do my job)

Why am I doing this?? Talking to my self??

(Cause we’re sad and lonely)

Huh yeah…

(You see how this is bad?)

Yes but at least for a moment I’ll be happy

(You mean we’ll be happy, but not afterwards…)

I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, and you don’t know what’s going to happen in the future either!

(Forget the conscience thing, I lied)

Hah!! I knew it!! You must be the voice of the devil!!!

(You’re as thick as a brick, I’m your common sense, the only reason I told you that I was conscience was because you’re so sensitive and easy to fall for that sort of thing)

I’m not sensitive…

(You’re a bad liar, we’re bad liars)

Ok I’m sensitive, so what?

(So stop doing stupid thing that’ll you regret in the future)

I’ve done stupider things…

(Yeah when you were younger!!!)

And arguing to myself is not stupid?

(It’s a sign of insanity but not stupidity)

Here I am 10:35 pm talking to myself

(Here I am 10:35 pm talking to myself)

Staring at nothing

(Looking for something)

Pretending that there’s nothing wrong with me

(While listening to myself arguing about nothing)

Thinking that this is normal…

(Cause I’ve done this since I can remember)

Is really sad

(But I’ve learnt to accept this condition)

Since I know myself

(More than anyone else)

I can tell him everything

(Even the most ridiculous things)

I can never hide anything from him

(Cause he is me)

And I am you

No comments: